SWAP is gathering momentum...

It's funny how this SWAP has come together.  I had no plan, no idea at all of what I would make yet it is turning into the most cohesive collection I have made in my entire sewing career.  Nothing I'm making is earth shattering or life changing or even challenging. Rather it represents a shift in my fundamental and instinctive understanding of what makes a capsule wardrobe work.

Sew, with that in mind, I present the most recent additions.

These shorts are BWOF 07-09-113 and originally were cuffed but I chose to make them without cuffs this time. I've made these twice before and it's a great pattern; simple and fits well. 

 
I've made them from silver sateen leftover from the dress in my last post.  I've also piped the pockets so they tie in with the dress.


 
The waistband facing and pocket bags are made from an animal print cotton that I used to make a dress some years ago.  It's hard to tell from these pictures but there is a lot of grey in the print so they go well with the sateen.  Remember this fabric, you will see it again!

 One final garment from the sateen is BWOF 02-10-104 and I've made this several times before also.  Pockets are piped like the shorts and the waistband and pocket bags are the same animal print as the shorts.  
 
Coming up next is the five tops I'm making to go with these two bottoms.  I just need to come up with two more items and my SWAP will be done!
 
Happy Easter one and all!


Comments

Sharon said…
You are on a roll and I'm sure it will be an amazing wardrobe.
Faye Lewis said…
Love the contrast.
Vicki said…
Both very useful garments and will make the tops shine.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up