Sewing and packing ...

Now that I my tenure in Tasmania can be counted in weeks, this long weekend (Hobart gets two more public holidays to NSW) is divided between sewing and packing.  I took a couple of hours out this morning to take Molly down to the waterfront and have a look at the Wooden Boat Festival, but the rest of the weekend has been spent in the house.  Between the horrendous smoke from the fires and the unbelievable wind, it's way more comfortable inside, anyway.  I struggle with static electricity in Hobart at the best of times, but today every bit of thread, dog hair and other assorted flotsam and jetsam are all stuck to me and my sewing.


First of all I finished up this pair of high-waisted skinny, slouchy pants.   Sorry about the crappy mirror shots but I am too lazy and too busy to waste time messing with a tripod.  You'll have to wait for the SWAP shots now! These are BWOF 03-11-119 and are made from the same fabric as the skirt from last week.  The line drawing makes them look more slim than they are but the pictures from the magazine and this one from the website shows that they really are a little more slouchy.  I hated them at first, but I actually quite like them now.


Next up I made this top, which is BWOF 05-10-129.  I love, love, love this top way more than I had expected.  I first made this here and I loved the first version but I felt it could use a few alterations.  I lengthened the bodice by 2.5cm and I lengthened the peplum by a further 2.5cm.  I left the patch pockets off because I hate them and I think the top still works without them.



This is a close up of the fabric that may not show in the other photo.  It's a slightly textured linen with a gold sheen on some of the threads.  This is a record for me; I bought a piece of fabric and sewed it almost immediately!  It was from Spotlight, ironically.  Have I mentioned that the only fabric shop in the WHOLE OF TASMANIA is Spotlight??
 
 
I am rather fond of this fabric, even though I usually dislike wearing linen.  Of course, this top also has one of my mistake design feature mirror image labels.

I even managed a passable mirror shot of the top with the skirt from last week.

 
Back to packing while I decide what to sew next.  I have some animal print ...





Comments

Anonymous said…
The pants look good but that top is just fabulous. I've had that pattern on my radar for a long time, and its good to see how welll it sews up. Great fabric.
Sue said…
Why haven't I noticed that top pattern before? It looks great in your Spotties linen.
Summer Flies said…
Nice lines on those pants. That top is really fabulous and looks so great on even with the bad photo.
Carolyn said…
You've made some really gorgeous pieces! I really like that top pattern too; you've inspired me to get out my copy of the magazine and have another look :)
Faye Lewis said…
Oh my goodness, you look FAB!
Sharon said…
Very snazzy pants and your linen peplum top will be a great item in your wardrobe. Looking good!
Robyn said…
Good luck with the packing - love your new top. Guess you won't be visiting Spotlight any time soon once you're back up north :)
That top is awesome! Love the gold linen. Good luck with the packing and moving--I do not envy you.
Gail said…
I have been eyeing that top pattern since it came out. It looks sensational with the skirt. Good luck with the packing and do call me on your way up north.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up