Serious stashbusting ...

You can see by the button to the right that I have decided to join the Stashbusting Sewalong.  This fits with what I've been doing for a while, although with no real plan.  This sewalong has a theme each month and January is all about using up all of those smaller pieces.  This top came from one of them.

While rummaging around in my sewing room tonight, I came across a remnant that was leftover from a film I worked on many years ago.  I inherited a large tea chest of assorted drills, cheesecloth, batiks and a few sari remnants.  Over the years I've used much of it for muslins or work clothes, but the sari remnants have been harder to work into my wardrobe.  I also came across a copy of the Sorbetto pattern that I downloaded a while ago and it seemed like  a match made in heaven.  I made this top tonight whilst watching a Queen documentary on the ABC.  The thread and bias binding were from stash, too, so this is a free top.

I have a top cut out from a knit remnant so I'm off to a good start!

One of the main things I want to clear from my stash is this piece of Vera Wang wool from the Fabric.com sale a few years back.  I have a coat in mind, although once I get back to the subtropics, I may well change my mind about that!

Next up I'm going to work my way through my stash and see how much of it I can work into my SWAP.  Wow, I've managed three posts in three days.

Comments

Hi Carol. What a great use of the sari fabric. You've given me an idea. I need to do some serious satsh busting myself. I may join in. Nothing like being held accountable by everyone on the interwebs. LOL
Unknown said…
Love this Sorbetto!!!
Have fun stashbusting!
Sharon said…
Wonderful use for the sari, love the Sorbetto. Thoroughly enjoyed the Queen documentary last night unfortunately I wasn't as productive as you.
Faye Lewis said…
Amazing that I have that VERY SAME Vera Wang fabric that I earmarked for a coat when I bought it too. The fabric is so fluffy that I can't fold it right, so it lives in a dark plastic garbage bag tucked way back in the closet. I've been searching for just the right pattern. Want something girly with simple lines so I was thinking about McCall's 5766. What pattern are you going to use?
Summer Flies said…
That Vera Wang fabric looks beautiful. You have been productive... I watched the Queen doco too. I wasn't really into Queen (of course I knew their music and like it) but I loved their, such obvious care and respect for each other. It made me cry. I have some beautiful purple and gold sari material - I should use it up too.
velosews said…
It's going to be a challenge to use your fabrics but it sounds like you have an eclectic mix of fabrics to choose from.
I'm in the same situation and have a sari I want to cut into this year.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up