Things that make you go ....meh

This is Vogue 8161 and I'm not sure about it. The boucle is loose, so I decided to interface the whole jacket so maybe I stretched it out of shape or maybe I've just bulked up too much in the shoulders. Either way, it's tight. It will be OK to wear over a sleeveless dress, but if I wore it over a top it would be a little uncomfortable to wear all day. Having said that, though, I am rather pleased with my bagged lining. I will finish it. It just needs buttons and a good press. Maybe if it goes in the magic wardrobe for a while, it will be OK when I go to wear it.




These are some trench patterns I'm considering. I think this last one might be it as I like the collar. I have a few more selected, I just need to read through the patterns and see what I find. Tomorrow I'm back to sewing knits as my jacket sewing today has not filled me with joy.

Comments

Mary Nanna said…
cripes not having a jacket fit is a bummer because I know how much time something like that takes to make .. put it in the magic wardrobe alright and then go on a crash diet.

I'm totally loving the top trench - must be burda but before I really started collecting them so I don't recognise the pattern.
Faye Lewis said…
I know ALL about that interfacing the entire jacket thing. I've done it several times only and in my case it made the jackets too stiff which I hated. I have removed all of the interfacing from several jackets to get the hang of the fabric that I wanted. BTW, what is the magic wardrobe?
Gail said…
what a bummer about the fit. It is beautiful. Wear it open with a singlet under (a Susannah trick!)and noone will know. Thanks for your lovely comments about my blouse.
cidell said…
Oh, man. That's too bad. I do quite like the trench patterns you've picked out.
Sheila said…
That is a great looking jacket and wearing it with a sleeveless dress or a tank with slack/skirt will work.
Sharon said…
What a pity about the fit, but as Gail has said wear it with a cami underneath or a sleeveless dress and you will look very fashionable.

That last trench looks very like the one I am thinking of and I received the Teflon foot for my Janome on the weekend so I am just about ready to start (fingers crossed).
It's a great looking jacket! I hope the magic closet cures it.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up