Vogue 2899

I finished this last night. I haven't pressed it yet as I'm thinking of shifting the position of the drape, but otherwise I'm very happy with how this turned out. I thought it was a really complicated pattern, but it was actually very easy to put together. There is a concealed strap under the front drape which affects the way it sits in the back. This is the first time I've put a zipper in a knit and that went fine. I cut a size 8 because my pattern only went up to that size and I was worried it would be too tight, but it actually fits perfectly, making me wonder if I should be cutting an 8 in all Vogues patterns. It would certainly explain why the tops are always too big. The hip ruching that I thought would make me look fat is actually very, very flattering. As always, it doesn't look very flattering on Vera and it really does need a good press. Next up is my final SWAP garment.

Comments

Faye Lewis said…
WOW! That's all I can say!
Sharon said…
This looks brilliant and interesting about the Vogue sizes.

Can't wait to see you modelling this.
Wowza! This is pure hotness! You must take a photo wearing it. I am sure you look smashing! Yes, definitely thinking of doing this full length.
Angela
Now that looks SEXY! Can't wait to see it on. Too bad I don't need any more play clothes.
Victoria said…
This is a hot little number. I'd love to see you in it. The design as well as the color lends to its stunning appeal!
Tanya said…
It looks like you got your sexy back, love it.
lorenakitty said…
Oh my gawd..! That is one va va voom dress. The surprise back is amazing with the piecing.
Sheila said…
Totally Gorgeous... just awesomely gorgeous.
cidell said…
That dress is pretty hot! I love it. What neat draping.
gabby said…
Absolutely gorgeous!
Kathi said…
Yowza!!!!!!!! I am loving it!!!!
Anonymous said…
You did a great job with the dress. It is even better that people wear on 4rx parties.
Anonymous said…
OMG hawt! Pictures of it on you please!

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up