Still sewing SWAP ...

This is Vogue 8489, which I managed to put together in half hour segments scattered throughout the week. It looks better on me than on Vera. Like most people on Pattern Review who made this dress, I left out the zipper. I cut a straight 10, but in hindsight I should have cut the 8. It's a little loose around the midsection. Everyone who has made this dress says how low cut it is, so I sewed the front bands together so that is covers my bra. It's still low, but at a point where I can wear it. The curved band droops a little low in the back, but I think it will be OK. it hangs quite nicely, but on me the band is neither at empire level or at my waist, but I think that's how it supposed to sit. I also frankenpatterned a different sleeve onto the sleeve head as I didn't like the length or shape of the original.


I should have more to show tomorrow ...

Comments

Angelia said…
Lovely dress... I've made this pattern to and it was loose on me and very low cut... which I was find with... a little cleavage never hurt anyone!
Sheila said…
The dress is pretty and like the constrasting detail.
kbenco said…
Ooh, I have this pattern. Looking at your very smart dress makes me sure I need to sew it up next. What didn't you like about the original sleeve? Vogue sleeves and I are not usually friends.
Faye Lewis said…
That is a great looking dress, love the print you picked.
Kathi said…
This is really, really cute!! I would love to see it in action!!

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up