Slow day

I've managed to do very little today. I did spend a lot of time avoiding the things I said I would do today. When I did sit down to sew Grant's shorts I realised I had bought the wrong size zip, so I moved on to the pockets on the back. Then my machine started playing up. It doesn't seem to like the thread I'm using. The thread I bought for topstitcvhing is fine, but it doesn't like the other one. These photos show the sum total of todays sewing. I got the front pockets done and here you can see the black and white quilting cotton I've used. The back pockets are one and I've topstitched in a pale grey. I tested a few colours, but this was the one I liked most. You can even see the green nail polish I decided to wear for St Patrick's Day.

Finally, just because I know my wildlife creeps people out, I thought I'd show you a phasmid who has been walking all over my sewing table today. I was worried I would squash him, so after an hour of nudging him out of my way repeatedly, I moved him to the other side of the room. This shot was taken as he made his way across the sofa and back towards my table. He's only a little one, about 15cm long. It's Sunday night and I'm back to the television for knitting in front of Collectors.

Comments

moggy said…
The phasmid is awesome! He looks so much like some kind of fantastic haberdashery...
kbenco said…
At least you sewed. I read a book.
Kathi said…
He is unreal!!!!!!!!!
I hemmed pants for the little boy who carpools with us - he needs them for his grandmother's funeral. Oh, I traced two patterns. I had hoped to sew this weekend, but I have been too darn busy with kid related things!
Sheila said…
Great job on the topstitching.

It looks like twigs from my broom... off to look up what an phasmid is.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up