Sewing has been a little unsatisfactory this weekend. I finished the last of Grant's long sleeve shirts. This one was made with a fabric called Basketry in Milan from Gorgeous Fabrics. This is a lovely heavy weight cotton that is perfect for winter in the subtropics. Sewing it in summer, however, has been hideous. It's hot sitting on my lap to start with then the heavens opened and we had 200mm of rain in one day. This made the fabric limp as soggy lettuce, making it stretch and warp as I sewed it. I had the dehumidifier pumping right beside me, but I couldn't get the humidity down below 80%. I finally hemmed it on Sunday afternoon and put the buttons on last night. He'll enjoy wearing it in winter as it's the most wonderfully soft and cosy fabric.

I sewed up KS 3658 this morning and I am very happy. I've made this as a dress before and I debated as to whether to make a dress or top with this fabric. I kind of wish I'd made the dress, but I love the top anyway. I will have to redo the hem because my machine is playing up and it did not like the twin needle. Have a look at the closeup on the right. I'm very happy with my pattern matching, you can barely see the seam down the middle.


This week I have to cut out the last of my SWAP, but the end is in sight for Grant's. I only have two pairs of pants and a shirt to go for him.

Comments

Kathi said…
I really, really like that KS top!! The style and fabric are both great!! Both look like things I would pick!!
Sharon said…
A fantastic job with your pattern matching and love the style of the top.

I spent hours on Saturday afternoon getting my pattern match right for the back of a skirt.
Angelia said…
Great looking long sleeve shirt! I've yet to make my husband a long sleeve button up...
Love the KS top to.. great fabric
gwensews said…
The black/white print top is so pretty. It would look terrific white white pants or skirt.
Sue said…
Great pattern-matching and a lovely top!

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up