It was almost Wardrobe in a Weekend ...

This weekend has been spent sewing my Wardrobe in a Week. I started with these shorts, which are Burdastyle Ruby, downloaded free from their website. I've made them several times before, so these are pretty much TNT. I haven't sewn the buttons on yet, the hand sewing will all happen tonight watching TV. I have two whole series of Soap (is anyone old enought to remember that?) on DVD that I am working my way through.

Here's a detail shot showing the inside pocket in orange. The waistband facing and the button flap facings are all orange. I'll see if I can get a better shot of the buttons, because they are way nicer than they appear in this shot.

Next up is this top which is BWOF 06-2007-105 I think. At the last minute I decided to top stitch in chocolate brown to help tie these together. I'm not sure how well it shows up in this picture.
Here's a shot of the shorts and top together. I made some bias binding from leftovers of the 70's print fabric and have used it inside the top. No one will ever see it except me, but it helps this feel like a collection to me.


While I was threaded up with orange, I went onto making this blouse cum jacket thing from BWOF 05-2008-105. It doesn't have its buttons yet either, but they will be the same ones I used on the shorts. It needs a good press. It looks better on a human than on Vera.Last up I moved onto my Enid Gilchrist dress from this book. I'll blog more about this after WIAW because it is a real gem.Here's a shot of pattern page I used as well as the dress that inspired me.

Here's my version so far. I had to stop myself from doing any more and eat dinner before I cocked it up. I can't wait to get to it tomorrow night!

Comments

gwensews said…
Great pieces! The dress is very chic. Love the print. The wardrobe is definitely co-ordinated.
Very productive! Love your use of the print as binding inside the shirt. I think this is going to be a very nice looking wardrobe.
Trudy said…
You have a great blog. I'd love for you to come and visit my blog. I just made a Vintage Vogue Original 1944 Design, V2858. On the previous page you'll find a dress I made from an original 1974 pattern that I found in an antique store. I call that post The Lady in Lavender. And lots of other things in between. Hope you enjoy.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up