Three days after I finished ...

I found this fabric, which is EXACTLY what I was looking for with my JJC2. It's hard to tell from this picture, but the background of this fabric is the same chartreuse colour as my jacket (and another as yet undisclosed garment I found lurking in the back of the cupboard and forgot I had made). I have always envisaged a blouse with large floaty sleeves and a long cuff, with a high neck and a long floaty tie. I even had a vintage pattern pulled out and ready to go. All the chiffons I could find (either in stores or in my stash) were in prints and colours that did not match. So I made two blouses in cottons. I love the blouses I've made and they both go well with the jacket, skirt and pants I made for the JCC2. In fact, I have worn both of them already this week.

But this almost exactly what I imagined. It's not nearly as girly and frou frou as the picture suggests and the purples have the right level of 'dirtiness' that I like in these colours. This weekend I had planned to make DH another shirt and trial a t-shirt pattern for him, but my floaty blouse has just jumped to the top of the list, so he'll have to wait.

Comments

Sharon said…
Can't wait to see this blouse, by the sounds of it is the type of blouse I have been hankering after.

So glad you are happy with your blouses from the JCC they do look great and that they have been worn already is a big win.
gwensews said…
Priorities are, after all, ours! Of course, your beautiful blouse should move ahead of hubby's shirt! Make a pretty thing.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up