Some sewing satisfaction ...



After my wasted day yesterday, I am pleased to say that I have made something I am very happy with. It's Kwik Sew 3658 made from the steam heat jersey I fell in love with on Friday night. I love this dress and plan to wear it tomorrow. I also dug from the deepest depths of my wardrobe, a cardigan dress thing I made last year from a vintage pattern and have never actually worn. The colours match perfectly. I'm undecided about whether I will wear them together or not. Together they look a little sack like on Vera, but the cardigan dress thing has more shape than this picture suggests.


I've had a productive day, even though I've only sewn one thing. I have pants and a skirt cut out for my JCC2 wardrobe and a top for my vanilla choc orange thing as well. I've retraced three patterns that I thought I needed to make in a smaller size and I've bought more fabric and washed it. I realise, with some horror, that I have bought 28 metres of fabric in the last week!!

Even though it's winter here, the sun is still very harsh in this part of the world, so I choose to dry my fabrics (particularly the quilting cottons I've bought so much of lately) in the shade on the verandah. The shots of the fabric I posted yesterday where all draped over various bits of furniture. I found Molly asleep on one of them.

Comments

gwensews said…
Love the dress! That is a great ptint. The yellow cardigan is wonderful. Yellow is the color of the year. Very nice outfit.
Shannon said…
The cardi and dress go together very nicely. I can see them worn together with a thin brown belt over top of the cardi (worn unbuttoned) - this will give your waist definition and a strong vertical line.
Shannon said…
I forgot to mention that Molly is a sweetie!
Faye Lewis said…
I really love the dress and the print. I think it's wild. I know you will just love wearing it.
Gail said…
Wow wow - love the dress, love the coat - why do you always finish your projects so quickly!?
Cennetta said…
That's a cute little fix.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up