I made a hat ...




It's Vogue 8440 and I made it with leftover spring tweed ... because I could. I've never made a hat before. I bought this pattern last year for the June Capsule Contest and never used it. It keeps resurfacing as I shuffle things around my sewing room and Saturday evening I was staring at the pile of leftover fabric and decided it would be a good thing to add to my SWAP.


In the interest of not wasting anything, I lined it with leftover pink fabric from my McCalls top. It's also the first time I've used a self covered button. I'd bought a pack years ago and never used it, so I gave it a whirl and I quite like the results. I'll definitely use them again.


Because I couldn't get a decent shot of the hat on my head, here it is on Molly.











Comments

Love your model! (And the hat.)
Faye Lewis said…
Thank you for your comment on my blouse fabric. I wish I could get some for you. It's not an exact match, but it is in the same color family so I think it will work just fine.
Meg said…
Molly wears it well!
Faye Lewis said…
That was good advise you gave me on applying the piping to my lining/facing. Thank you for sharing it with me. I've just got to find some purple piping - checked two stores and they were out.
Anonymous said…
GREAT hat - and such a cute model, too!
Cennetta said…
Nice hat. Work it, Miss. Molly.
Angelia said…
Hey! Thanks for your comment on my outfit!!!
I love the hat!!!!!! its tooo cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up