From the vault ...



This is last weekend's sewing, another addition to my SWAP. I had planned to make a different pattern with this orange poplin, but at the last minute decided to drag this one from the archives. It's BWOF 10-2003-112. When I first discovered BWOF in 2002 I was a little terrified of the whole tracing thing and this was about the third pattern I traced off and made back then. There are three sleeve variations and I've made them all over the years. I don't know why I pulled this one out, but I really like it. Since taking this picture I have actually bought a length of ribbon that matches. It looks way better on a person than on Vera because you need to adjust the gathers around the boobie area.



Here is the cuff (complete with chalk marks) with the cute little teardrop buttons that came from a mixed bag of red and orange buttons I bought at All Buttons Great and Small in Newtown. If you live in Sydney and haven't visited them, I urge you to make the trip. I only get back to Sydney once or twice a year now, but this place is one of my first stops. I'm amazed at how many times over the years I have bought buttons because I love them, then months or even years later I find they are the perfect button for whatever I've just made.
I'm not even going to say what I plan to sew this weekend, because I suspect that I may change my mind between here and the cutting table. I checked my SWAP story board yesterday and I think there are only two items on it that I've actually made!

Comments

Faye Lewis said…
Now that is really cute!
Gail said…
Hi Carole,
Can you tell me what a SWAP is? Great blouse by the way and the button shop in Newtown is my button heaven.
kbenco said…
That blouse is fabulous. It looks really current to me. I love the colour too.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up