Nearly there ...

The progress on Vera's Vogue dress has been slow this week. I've changed my mind about several things many times, but now have a simple result that I'm happy with. Special thanks to Carolyn, whose suggestion of using organza ribbon under the diamantes helped me figure out what to do with the straps. In the end I made self fabric binding and handstitched the stones to it. It doesn't photograph well, but here it is. It fits me better than it fits Vera.







To go with the dress, I've almost finished a bag. I used the teardrop kit from Nicole Mallieu. I've made one of her bags before and will make them again because they are cute, easy to make and I get a real kick out it. This one is made from the same fabric as the dress and is finished with clear glass beads, which also don't photgraph well. I haven't decided what to make the strap out of yet, but I think I'll keep it simple, either self fabric or black cord.


I might make a cape/shrug sort of thing tomorrow because Sydney has been a bit cold lately. Up here, we're getting unbelievably hot and humid weather, so I know I will feel the cold in Sydney. I'm not sure what pattern I'll use yet, but as I only have a week I need to make a decision ...

Comments

Ambitious Sewer said…
All I have to say is... WOW!!! The dress is really beautiful.
Cennetta said…
Nice gown and great progress being made. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season. Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up