An addition to Vera's summer wardrobe ...



I've finished another frock for Vera, once again made with Vogue 9668. I think this is View C. The fabric does not show up as warmly as it is in real life. I've had a bit of a fascination with orange for a while now and it has sneaked into my wardrobe in many ways. This morning I was looking at my favourite blogs and noticed that Erica has posted a lovely photo from her sewing room showing all the luscious autumn colours that I never get to see here in the subtropics. I am very envious of the view from her sewing room. When I was photographing Vera in her new dress I tried to capture a little of the background I see every day. Not much orange there.

























I also took a picture of the back so you could see how badly I mismatched the pattern. I noticed when I was uploading, that you can see the back of Grant's crappy old orange kombi in the background as well as Molly the orange dog. Oh and the tree hanging over Vera's head is an African tulip tree which I just realised has orange flowers (and should not be in an Australian rural garden).

That's all for now. I'm off to start on my SWAP ...

Comments

toy said…
i love the color and the dots.Its really beautiful here but its not going to last long, there is so many leaves already on the ground and the chill is coming in. soon you will be having a great summer and we will be in the depth of winter
cidell said…
I LOVE THAT DRESS. Sorry for shouting, but I REALLY love that dress!

You view looks warm, lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up