The Bag and the Plan C Blouse





















Here's my Plan C Blouse. It's BWOF 1/2008 style 107. I made this in the first week of June before I started the rest of the capsule, with the intention that I could wear it to work with the skirt and jacket. It looks pretty crappy on Vera, but it sits really nicely on me and is the most unbelievably soft and fine cotton. In hindsight, I should have used a slightly stiffer interfacing as the neck drops a little. I've also made version 108 from this same issue, which is the same blouse with short puffy sleeves and a cute round collar. It's a great style and the design detail on the front makes for a close and flattering fit.



Here's my accessory. It's made from a kit I purchased from http://www.nicolemdesign.com.au/ and was incredibly easy to make. The picture on the right shows how it matches the walls in my living room. I highly recommend this bag to anyone. I've never made anything like it before and I would say it took me around three hours. The instructions are very detailed and at first seemed a little daunting, but I read them through twice before cutting a single thing, then spent about half an hour cutting the fabric and lining and checking the markings. When I started sewing, I worked through it step at a time and it was surprisingly simple. I love the results and can't wait to use it. I'm definitely going to make this bag again.
Stupid me forgot to photograph my skirt, so I'll post pictures of that tomorrow.

Comments

Sigrid said…
Love your version of the bag, it's great.
Vera Charles said…
" It looks pretty crappy on Vera..."

Most things do. ;-)

You're very talented kisses,
Vera
kbenco said…
Your bag looks terrific, and the shirt looks pretty good to me - even on Vera dressform. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole capsule together
Elaray said…
I really love that fabric! Your capsule wardrobe looks really good!
Nikki said…
Great job on the bag!!! I love the colour, too.
Sheila said…
What a fabulous handbag.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up